Dr Andrew Jackson
Wellcome Trust Career Development Fellow
Telephone: +44 (0)191 222 6685
Movement neuroscience, neurotechnology, neural prosthetics, Brain-Machine Interfaces.
A neural prosthesis to restore hand function following spinal cord injury and stroke - We are developing implantable electronic devices and surgical techniques for delivering electrical stimulation to the spinal cord, controlled in real-time from neural signals recorded in the brain.
Investigating mechanisms of learning and plasticity during operation of myoelectric-controlled interfaces and brain-machine interfaces - We use tasks requiring subjects to control computer cursors directly from electrophysiological signals in order to understand the brain mechanisms that underlie learning of abstract neuromotor mappings.
- Wellcome Trust Research Career Development Fellowship - "Closed-Loop Neurostimulation of the Motor System"
- EPSRC Project Grant - Ultra Low Power Implantable Platform for Next Generation Neural Interfaces"
- MRC Project Grant - "Optimal Feedback Control of a Neuromotor Interface"
- MRC Milstein Award - "Wearable Devices for Reprogramming the Nervous System"
- EPSRC Cross-Disciplinary Account - "NanoLAB"
Back to the Members